The beef fillet is one of the most beloved and well-known dishes in the world.
A dish of ancient origins, it can be seen revisited repeatedly in the gastronomic culture of many countries around the globe.
It is a tasty and nutritious combination of flavours, perfect for lunch or dinner.
But have you ever thought of adding a bit of coffee flavour to it? Let us find out how!
1 fillet of beef
50 g “00” flour
2 whole eggs
50 g breadcrumbs
100 g almond nibs
42 g instant coffee 40 g sugar
2 fennel bulbs
Salt to taste
Coffee powder as needed
Extra virgin olive oil to taste
Slice the fillet into 3-4 cm chunks.
PREPARE THE COFFEE
1. Pour it into a deep bowl and immerse the fillet chunks in it.
2. Cover with cling film and leave it to steep.
PREPARE A CLASSIC BREADING
1. Prepare the breading by placing the chunk into the flour, then the eggs and lastly, into the breadcrumbs with almond nibs.
2. Make sure the chunks are coated thoroughly in the mixture and fry in extra virgin olive oil.
3. Remove the excess oil by placing the chunks onto a sheet of kitchen paper.
PREPARE THE SALAD
1. Add the finely – sliced fennel and orange slices.
2. Dress the salad with an orange citronette.
Arrange the chunks in the middle of the plate, add the salad on one side then dust the chunks with coffee powder.