The beauty of this dessert? You don’t actually need to book a ticket to Sicily to get enjoy its authentic taste.
One of our favourite granita-based recipes is Coffee Granita with ricotta cream. A Granita is the perfect base beverage to create original recipes with a variety of ingredients, including coffee.
To prepare this delicious recipe, we suggest using 100% Arabica coffee, such as the Cereja Passita, a full-bodied blend from the Cerrado plateau, with aromatic notes of honey and chocolate.
This incredible frosty recipe is very easy to make! Give it a try!
500 ml (16.8 fl oz) coffee
100 g (3.4 oz) sugar
45 ml (1.5 fl oz) water
½ vanilla bean
120 g (4.3 oz) cow’s milk ricotta
28 g (1 oz) powdered sugar
4 slices of brioche
1. Prepare the coffee with the moka pot.
2. Combine sugar and the vanilla bean in a pot and bring to boil.
3. Pour it all in a bowl and place in the freezer.
4. Mix with a fork every 30 minutes, until frozen.
1. Work the ricotta and the icing sugar with the whisk until you get a homogeneous cream and then refrigerate.
2. Toast the rounds of brioche in the oven for 5 minutes at 180°C (356°F).
Finally, serve the granita in a glass, garnish with a spoonful of sweet ricotta and a brioche wafer.
If you visit Italy during the summer, especially the south of Italy, you must try the famous granita. A refreshing, savoury and sweet treat, it is a must-have beverage, particularly on hot days.